DfT Update - Financial Assistance, Furlough Guidance & Thank You
The DfT has provided the following update on certain issues of interest to members.
- Help for the self-employed – The Chancellor of the Exchequer yesterday announced a package of support for the self-employed. Please see below links to the announcement press notice, as well as a link to the scheme and FAQs.
- Here is the PN: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/chancellor-gives-support-to-millions-of-self-employed-individuals
- Scheme link: https://www.businesssupport.gov.uk/self-employment-income-support-scheme/
- FAQs link: https://www.businesssupport.gov.uk/self-employment-income-support-scheme-faqs/
- HMRC advice – HMRC have now changed their helpline number to ensure those needing help and support can keep reaching their advisers. The new helpline number is 0800 024 1222 and is open from 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday. Calls to the old helpline number will be redirected. Government are in the process of updating guidance and GOV.UK information now, but please refer any concerned staff or colleagues to the new helpline number where possible.
- Furlough guidance – Please find below some links to guidance on furloughing workers during this time:
Please note that the scheme makes no requirement for how long someone is brought back into work after furlough before they can be furloughed again.
- Thank you – Please find attached a letter from George Eustice, Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, written to the food and drink sector. The Defra Secretary of State was also keen to stress the importance of the maritime sector in keeping food and drink coming into the country.