11 November | BTA Virtual Safety Seminar 2020 | Safe Access & Self Mooring
The British Tugowners Association shall hold its Annual Safety Seminar via video-conferencing on Wednesday 11 November running from 1000 - 1230.
The overarching theme will be Safe Access & Self Mooring, recognising the challenges faced by stakeholders and what the industry can collaboratively do to improve safety.
This seminar will examine recent incidents, discuss accident prevention and will hear from tug experts, pilots and investigators. With an audience of tug masters, pilots, marine superintendents, P&I clubs, lawyers and others, the aim is to inform, discuss and share best practice.
- Marine Accident Investigation Branch - context, incidents and challenges
- BTA Safety Statistics 2019 Review - James Burge, Svitzer
- UK Harbour Masters Association - a harbour authority's perspective - Ashley Nicholson
- Port Skills & Safety - self mooring & safe access - the port's guidance - Rean Da Costa
- Svitzer- Self mooring - the operator's guidance - James Hunt, Svitzer
All members of the Chamber and BTA are invited to attend. Furthermore, to have as open and productive discussion as possible, members of the UKHMA, Port Skills & Safety, BPA and Workboat Association are also invited to attend free of charge.
Non-member attendees are invited for which paid tickets are available.
Queries or specific requests are invited to BTA Secretary, Robert Merrylees.
Any registration issues, please contact Priya Birk.