Delivering the right content for our members
Organising events at the Chamber of Shipping over the last few
months has certainly provided us with some challenges, but with challenges
Early on we identified the important role webinars can play in keeping our members informed, educated and up to date with vital information and in June a two-month trial webinar programme was launched.
We have had a range of webinars on numerous different subjects. You can see the list below of the different webinars we have organised. If you are a member of the UK Chamber of Shipping, then you can view the recordings by clicking on the links below:
- Covid-19 – Ripple effects on Shipping Insurance - in partnership with Gard
- Keeping crew moving throughout Covid-19 - in partnership with Global Marine Travel, V Ships & Inchcape
- Ship Recycling – An overview of the key commercial, practical, legal and regulatory issues affecting the sale and disposal of end of life vessels - in partnership with HFW
- COVID-19 and Seafarer Mental Wellbeing
- Technology in Seafarer Training
- Arbitration: Principles and Practicalities - in partnership with Donald Chard, Maritime Arbitrator
- UK Chamber of Shipping Webinar | Waves Group
- UK Chamber of Shipping | The Methanol Webinar
- UK Chamber of Shipping Webinar | Safety Culture
- Crew issues in a pandemic with Ince - Webinar
We are constantly evaluating and monitoring the content and success of the webinars we offer. I am delighted to say the participation and feedback has been excellent and the plan is to now introduce a more structured programme in the near future.
It will always be the Chamber’s aim to organise events at Park Street but during these uncertain times we will continue to deliver a variety of topical webinar and courses.
From September, the Chamber will organise a minimum of two webinars each month. Working closely with our Professional and Associate members, these will take place on the first and third Tuesdays of each month. The Chamber hopes this more settled, regular programme will help more members participate in the future.
Webinars will continue to be free for members to sign up to and participate in, but not for non-members. Members can also partner with the Chamber to host webinars on a range of subject for free but again, we will charge non-members to do the same. This action it to make sure members are receiving true value for their membership fee.
Our next set of webinars include:
· 2nd September | Methanol as a future fuel (in partnership with Lloyd’s Register and the Methanol Institute)
It’s not just webinars we have offered our membership. On 23 June, the Chamber organised its first ever virtual Understanding UK Shipping course. This course, usually hosted at Park Street, has built up a great reputation over the years and the feedback in June was equally as good with over 50 participants.
The virtual Understanding
UK Shipping course will now take place every two months. This
is the perfect course for those new to the shipping industry or those looking
to update their knowledge in a variety of areas. To find out more about
course’s content please click here.
Here are the dates for the next courses:
Webinar or Course suggestions
If you have any webinars or courses you would like the Chamber to organise, then please contact Tony Jerome, Head of Membership & Business Development.
Interested in partnering with the Chamber?
If you are interested in partnering with the Chamber on a webinar then please contact Tony Jerome, Head of Membership & Business Development.