UK Chamber of Shipping launches photo competition
The UK Chamber of Shipping, the trade body representing
the UK shipping sector with nearly 200 members, is running a photo competition with
the winning entry adorning the front cover of the new edition of the Passage
Planning Guide: English Channel, Dover Strait and Southern North Sea published
by Witherbys. The winner will receive a free copy of the Guide.
This competition is open to anyone over 16, including members of the public, seafarers and workers around the coastal regions. As the UK has endured the Coronavirus pandemic and lockdown restrictions, seafarers have been bringing us the food, medicines and goods we need. The UK Chamber of Shipping is calling on all budding photographers to submit shots that they have taken that capture ships sailing across the Channel.
If you would like to enter the competition please send your photo to email@example.com. The judging panel, made up of senior staff of the Chamber of Shipping and Witherbys, will decide on the winner. The competition is now open and will close at the end of April. By entering the competition, you give permission to the UK Chamber of Shipping and Witherbys to use your photo and you must be over 16 to enter. A selection of entries will be posted on the UK Chamber of Shipping social media channels.
Launching the competition, UK Chamber of Shipping Director of Communications Alastair Clifton said:
“Shipping is an incredibly visual industry and we know there are some amazing amateur photographers out there and we are asking them all to send us the best pictures they have of ships in the English Channel. The winner will have their photo on the cover of the new Passage Planning Guide and will also get a free copy of the publication. We can’t wait to see the entries.”
In order to ensure the best possible quality of photo for the cover, we will require a high-resolution print quality (300dpi) image and these should be either Jpeg or tiff files.
Conditions of entry / key points to note:
- The competition is open to anyone over the age of 16. When you send in your photo please confirm your age
- You must confirm the entry is your own original work and owner of the copyright
- All submitted entries will be reviewed and a shortlist of images will be considered by the judging panel
- Multiple photos and entries can be submitted
- Any entries submitted can be used by the UK Chamber of Shipping on our website and in collateral material such as brochures and publications
- Photos must be submitted by 23:59 on 31 April 2021
- The winner will be determined by the judging panel
- The photographer of the winning entry will have their photo on the cover of the new Passage Planning Guide and will also get a free copy of the publication.
By submitting an entry you agree to all the points raised above.